1st blog
Group 1 -
Group 1 consisted of the group that I was in. As a team, we all helped each other when needed. When doing this project, I learned a lot about speech anxiety. When I present, I realize I have speech anxiety because I'm scared that I am going to mess up. I also learned a lot about the barriers to effective listening. When there is much noise, I cannot focus. When presenting, I am in a quiet place with no distractions. I also love how my group made sure that we all collaborated and gave our two senses. I love how no one felt left out and everyone was included. I love how descriptive each powerpoint slide was. While working in this group I feel like we all improve our communication abilities by actively listening, clearly articulating ideas, and providing constructive feedback. Overall, this group was amazing and engaging. As a whole, Group 1 was not only excellent, but also quite interesting. They shared great information that broadened my perspective. Our collaborative efforts not only improved our project, but they also facilitated personal growth and skill development for everyone engaged.
Group 2 -
Group 2 used a lot of information on how to develop a topic for a speech and how to organize it so it could flow. When I present a speech, I like to make sure I organize my speech. I organize it by introduction, body, and conclusion. It makes it more understandable for me and for others so they can understand what I'm trying to say. My classmates within group 2 made it very clear how to organize a speech. They even made me gather more ideas on organizing a speech if I have to do one again. They explained it in a not-so-complicated way, making it very easy to understand. To be able to organize a speech, you have to make sure you have a topic. Overall, Group 2's presentation was outstanding, providing me with plenty of information and insights into successful speech organizing. Their personable presenting style, along with an emphasis on practical approaches, made the learning experience enjoyable and enlightening. I am appreciative for the valuable lessons learnt, and I feel more prepared to face future speaking engagements with confidence and clarity.
Group 3 -
With Group 3, I love their visuals. Especially the video that they represented. The video helped me understand the topic more. The video talks about delivery. For example, managing your body language. In presentations, I have a terrible habit of playing with my fingers. The reason why I do it is because I'm nervous, and I can't bite my nails while I speak so instead I play with my fingers. However, this presentation helped me understand body language and what to do and not to do. This presentation was very clear. I also wanted to add that when group 4 was presenting they did a great good in the diagram of organizing a speech. It really helped me with understanding as well as what to put in my speech.The visuals and colors were very pretty, which made the presentation more engaging. The Group 2 presentation was very informative and gave me more insight into interacting with an audience instead of just standing there. There are many ways to engage with an audience and make it more interesting.
Group 4 -
Group 4 made it very understanding on how to appeal to the audience by using the four appeals. The four appeals are logos, pathos, ethos, mythos and you can use these appeals to be able to give a speech. This group did a great job on how to pursue an audience. They gave great information on how to pursue an audience. One particularly interesting feature was their discussion of the two sorts of persuasion: practical persuasion and issue-based persuasion. I never knew there were two types of persuasions. This distinction clarified the various ways one might take while attempting to influence others. Practical persuasion aims to promote specific acts or habits, whereas issue-based persuasion advocates for certain ideas or positions on larger problems. The group's presentation not only broadened my knowledge, but also enhanced my understanding of the challenges of effective communication. I was pleased by their extensive research as well as their clear presentation approach. Group 4’s presentation also does a great job of explaining acceptance speeches. I never taught a lot of acceptance speeches but right when I was thinking of that an award show came on and I realized the person who was accepting the speech used a lot of ethos within their speech. In my head I related it back to the presentation and I was able to recognize that. Overall, Group 4's did an outstanding job in presenting their presentation.
Overall -
Everyone in the class worked hard together, which is fantastic. Each PowerPoint presentation provided unique thoughts on the subject, significantly improving my understanding of the book. Everyone that presented made sure that everyone in the class understood the concept which I greatly appreciated. The use of images by all the groups clarified the chapters, making them more understanding and engaging. I loved the extensive explanations on each slide, ensuring all classmates understood what was presented on the PowerPoint. This project as a whole made me gain so much knowledge and made me feel like everyone collaborated really well. I always say team work makes a dream work and that was what we did. I loved how everything flowed and everyone was confident in what they were presenting with their classmates. The class leader deserves recognition for their extraordinary effort. Their well-organized slides helped the presentations flow very smoothly and acted as a guide, allowing for a deeper understanding of the topic. Their leadership undoubtedly contributed significantly to the presentation's success. Overall, the collaborative effort and attention to detail made the learning process exciting and pleasant. I would certainly engage in such a collaborative effort again, especially one like this that I learned so much.

Comments
Post a Comment